CHC30812 Certificate III in Education Support
CHC30812 Certificate III in Education Support is a course that covers workers in a range of education settings including public and independent schools and community education settings that provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad based supervision.
Some jurisdictions may require specialist skill development and supervision by qualified teachers to address specific job roles
Occupational titles may include:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education worker
- Indigenous language and culture teaching assistant
- Education assistant
- Language worker
- Education assistant (special needs)
- Literacy worker
- Education support worker
- Support worker (working with children with disabilities)
- Home tutor
- Teacher aide
- Homeland teaching assistant
- Teacher assistant
CHC30812 Certificate III in Education Support is delivered with Victoria and Commonwealth Government funding for students who meet the criteria.
For more information, please click here to download a copy of the student handbook in pdf format.
To complete CHC30812 Certificate III in Education Support students will need to finish 14 units of competency, 8 core and 6 elective units.
- CHCCHILD301B Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS301B Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS303A Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS312A Work with diversity in the education environment
- CHCEDS313B Communicate with students
- CHCEDS314B Work effectively in an education team
- CHCEDS316B Comply with school administrative requirements
- HLTWHS300A Contribute to WHS processes
- CHCCN301C Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCCN302A Provide care for children
- CHCHILD401B Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCIC301E Interact effectively with children
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- HLTHIR403C Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
Short Courses that may be useful for you:
- 22024VIC Course in Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace
- 22099VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- HLTFS207C Food Safety Practices
Work Placement Program
Work placement is not optional; this course includes a compulsory number of hours of practical placement.
We understand the industry and can assist you in finding Work Placement. The JTI Work Placement Coordinator, JTI Trainers and the student will work collaboratively in securing a work placement.
- Once you are marked satisfactory in the required units, you may apply for work placement by completing an online or manual work placement form at any of our campuses. You are able to indicate your availability and preferred location.
- We endeavour to place you in a facility of your choice, however we cannot guarantee this as availability is also a factor.
- Once you submit your form, all parties will work towards securing a place for you.
- Remember, facilities prefer students who are both flexible and reliable.
- On average, it takes approximately 3 weeks to secure work placement.
^To attain your certificate you must complete both theory assessments and Work Placement.
Requirements for Work Placement
- Complete 3 units
- Apply First Aid Certificate
- A Current Working with Children’s Check
- A Police Check from your local state
Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process that recognises a student’s current skills and experience, regardless of where and when the learning occurred. Students may have existing knowledge and skills and these could be formally recognised and credited towards a qualification from JTI. For further information on RPL, please click here.
Available Job Opportunities
- We don’t just train you; we help you find work through our vocational assistance program.
- You will have a chance to meet with employers face-to-face at the end of your course.
- The demand for JTI graduates is high due to the exceptional quality of our teaching and our Work Placement Program
Possible Job Positions
- School Services Officers
- Literacy Assistants
- Integration Aide
- Teacher’s Aide Special
- Teacher’s assistants
- Special Education Assistants
- Workers in educational institution
This qualification has pathways for further study in:
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Diploma of Education Support (Teacher’s Aide)
There are no pre-requisites to join this course.
The requirements for this course are:
- An online application or written enrolment form
- Successful completion of language, literacy and numeracy assessment
- Identification Documents
- A Photo ID
- A completed self declaration form (Government Funded students only). This form will be provided by our staff upon enrolment.
- Ability to obtain a Police Check (Note, if your police check has a previous conviction, you need to discuss this with a JTI Trainer/Work Placement Coordinator before enrolling in this course))
It would be preferred if you are under 25 that you have completed year 10. If you are over 25, you should have relevant work/life experience
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment:
Prior to course commencement, students will be required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment. This assessment is used to determine the student’s level of language, literacy and numeracy as required to complete the course and whether the student requires additional support. Students enrolling in face-to-face study will complete the LLN assessment on orientation day. Students wishing to complete their studies online will have a telephone interview with a JTI staff member. Students who are assessed as not having the required level of language, literacy and numeracy skills will be referred to external support networks to work with them on skill development in the required area/s. Students can re-apply for enrolment once they have developed skills in that area.
Assessments you will need to complete to be competent are:
- Short Questions
- Case Studies
- Research Activities
- Observation by a trained assessor in a simulated environment
- Third party by work place supervisor
The Education Support course takes approximately 6 to 8 months. This time frame includes class time and supervised work placement in a facility. On average a learner should allocate 15 hours/week of learning and assessments.
Face to Face Classes
Our face-to-face learning is delivered at several delivery sites which are located in Melbourne (Dandenong, Sunshine) and Adelaide (CBD). Classes for the Education Support course are held at a variety of times to be convenient and flexible for today’s busy schedules. Campus timetables are updated every few weeks and are provided on the campus notice boards as well as on the JTI website.
The Modes of learning are:
- Face to Face classes
- Work Placement
What distinguishes us from other RTO:
- Guarantee – Job Training Institute is a Registered Training Provider (RTO Number: 12208) .
- Work Placement – Job Training Institute facilitates Work Placement for its students and a Work Placement Coordinator is always available to assist students with any work placement and employment issues.
- Student Support – Our Trainers are always available and willing to assist students with their studies and assignments via several methods including chat, email, phone calls, and appointments. We provide students with support in planning their individual learning plans.
Government Funding Eligibility Criteria
To assess your eligibility for government funding please speak to a Job Training Institute consultant.
Students with disabilities are also encouraged to access funded training places.
For further information/funding in other states, please contact our friendly staff.
Email: email@example.com Phone: (03) 9212 3535 | 9802 9697 | 0434378860
|NAME OF COURSE
|Self Funded||Government Funded|
|Registration Fee||Tuition Fee||Total||Without Concession||With Concession#|
|CHC30812 Cert III in Education support
Blended Online and Face to Face
per calendar year
per calendar year
[CHC30712 Certificate III in Children's Services] and [CHC30812 Cert III in Education Support]
Blended Online and Face to Face
$500 x 3 (monthly)
per calendar year
per calendar year
|RPL and Indicative Tuition Fee Hourly Rate||
Please click here for details
|HLTFS207C Food Safety Practices||$100|
|22024VIC Course in Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace||$60|
|22099VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis||$60|
#Concession Cards that are approved by skills for Victoria are based on www.education.vic.gov.au: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/training/learners/vet/pages/feeconcession.aspx
^This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding for students who meet the criteria. JTI advises that accessing Victorian Training Guarantee entitlement may impact your access to further government subsidised training.
^JTI is compliant with the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, and Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to access government funded training
^The student tuition fees are indicative only and subject to change dependent on individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees such as student services and amenity fees may apply.
Concessions on tuition fees for government subsidised training places in all course categories are available to people in the following groups:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card holders, and their dependent children and dependant spouses
- Pensioner Concession Card holders, and their dependent children and dependant spouses
- Veteran’s Gold Card holders (but not their dependants)
The student tuition fees are indicative only and subject to change dependent on individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees such as student services and amenity fees may apply.
Method of Payment:
At Job Training Institute we accept a wide range of payment methods:
- Cash, Cheque or money order
- EFTPOS (whether over the phone or in person)
- Paypal, Online credit card and debit card payments (Fees and charges may apply)
- Direct deposits, direct debit arrangements.
* All payment is done in arrears, except the registration fee
How to Apply
(Visit any of our campuses, call or simply email us and one of our friendly staff will guide you through the course choices)
Government Funding Application
(Click on the government funding button below to see whether you are eligible!)
Terms and Conditions
Students who apply for courses are required to understand the Terms and Conditions of the Job Training Institute.