HLT51612 Diploma of Nursing
New Course: Diploma of Nursing
At JTI we deliver nationally recognized Diploma of Nursing for students who are pursuing a career in the health care industry: Acute, Rehabilitation, Community Health, Palliative and Aged Care sector. Upon successful course completion students will be awarded the nationally recognised Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nursing), which will enable them to seek registration with AHPRA and practice as an Enrolled Nurse in the health care sector across Australia.
To book an information session or to get further information, please contact us: http://jti.edu.au/contact-us/
HLT51612 Diploma of Nursing is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding for students who meet the criteria.
For more information, please click here to download a copy of your student handbook in pdf format.
Completion of Diploma of Nursing, requires the satisfactory completion of 26 Units of Study: made up of 21 compulsory and 5 elective units.
- HLTWHS300A Contribute to WHS processes
- HLTIN301C Comply with Infection Control policies and procedures
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
- HLTEN502B Apply effective communication skills in nursing practice
- HLTEN503B Contribute to client assessment and developing nursing care plans
- HLTEN401B Work in the nursing profession
- HLTAP401B Confirm physical health status
- HLTEN515B Implement and monitor nursing care plan for older clients
- HLTHIR404D Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- HLTAP501C Analyse health information
- HLTEN509B Apply legal and ethical parameters to nursing practice
- HLTEN506B Apply principles of wound management in the clinical environment
- HLTEN516B Apply understanding of the Australian health care system
- HLTEN513B Implement and monitor nursing care for clients with chronic health problems.
- HLTEN510B Implement and monitor nursing care for consumers with mental health problems
- HLTEN508B Apply reflective practice, critical thinking and analysis in health
- HLTEN507C Administer and monitor medications in a work environment
- HLTHIR403C Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- HLTEN504C Implement and evaluate a plan of nursing care
- HLTEN512B Implement and monitor nursing care for clients with acute health problems
- HLTEN505C Contribute to the complex nursing care of clients
- TAEDEL401A Plan and organise group-based learning
- HLTEN514B Apply research skills within a contemporary health environment
- HLTEN520B Contribute to the care of mothers and babies
- HLTEN511B Provide nursing care for client requiring palliative care
- HLTEN519C Administer and monitor intravenous medication in the nursing environment
- For this qualification, applicants are required to have completed their Certificate III in Aged Care or have completed secondary schooling (year 12) or have at least two years experience in a closely related field or mature age entry.
- All applicants must pass the literacy and numeracy assessment and attend an interview.
- VETASSES preparation sessions will be offered for a competitive fee to interested JTI applicants.
Interviews will be organised for all prospective students who have passed the VETASSESS.
- Prospective students must be physically and mentally fit to provide nursing care and must be a fit and proper person to be eligible for registration with AHPRA
- Applicants must have a current National Police Clearance for the Clinical Placement
- Depending on the chosen elective units, a Working with Children Permit will be required.
- Successful applicants must have up to date Immunisations as per the Departments of Health requirements, prior commencing the Clinical Placement.
Work Placement Program
Work placement is not optional; this course includes a compulsory number of hours of practical placement.
We understand the industry and understand the effort in finding Clinical Placement, at JTI we will organise the Clinical Placements for all our Nursing students!
^To attain your Diploma of Nursing you must complete both theory assessments and Clinical Placement.
^There are certain requirements before attending work placement; you will be advised of these by your trainer.
Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process that recognises a student’s current skills and experience, regardless of where and when the learning occurred. Students may have existing knowledge and skills and these could be formally recognised and credited towards a qualification from JTI. For further information on RPL, please click here.
This qualification has pathways for further study in:
- Advanced Diploma of Nursing
- Bachelor in Nursing (RN)
- Bachelor in Naturopathy
- Bachelor in Science
The Diploma of Nursing course takes approximately 18 months full time or 2 years if you choose to study part time. This time frame includes class time and clinical placement. On average a learner should allocate 20 hours/week for learning and assessments.
Face to Face Class
Our face-to-face learning is delivered at several sites which are located in Melbourne (Dandenong or Sunshine) and Adelaide (CBD). Classes are held regularly at various campuses in Melbourne and Adelaide. Campus timetables are updated every few weeks and are provided on the campus notice boards as well as on the JTI website.
Some assignments that you will undertake may include:
- Short Questions
- Case Studies
- Research Activities
- Observation by a trained assessor in a simulated environment
- Third party by work place supervisor
Government Funding Eligibility Criteria
To assess your eligibility for government funding please speak to a Job Training Institute staff member or use the government funding button below.
Students with disabilities are also encouraged to access funded training places.
For further information, please contact our friendly staff.
Email: email@example.com Phone: (03) 9212 3535 | 9802 9697 | 0434378860
1. Self-Funded Student
- Registration fee: $500
- Tuition fee: $ 19,000
For self-funded students the payable fee is $19, 500 which can be paid as follows:
1st Instalment (registration fee): $500
Monthly instalments: $1118 monthly instalment over 17 months.
- Books: $1,000 (optional)
2. Government funding is available for eligible students^
- Registration fee: $500
- Tuition fee: $5,000
For government funded students the payable fee is: $5,500 which can be paid as follows:
1st Instalment (registration fee): $500
Monthly instalments: $500 monthly instalment until the fee has been paid off.
^This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
^JTI is compliant with the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, and Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to access government funded trainings
^The student tuition fee is indicative only and subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student services and amenities fees.
3. Additional funding of $2,500 is also available for eligible students currently working in the Aged Care sector.
To assess your eligibility for government funding please speak to a Job Training Institute consultant.
Method of Payment:
At Job Training Institute we accept a wide range of payment methods:
- Cash, Cheque or money order
- EFTPOS (whether over the telephone or in person)
- Paypal, Online credit card and debit card payments (Fees and charges may apply)
- Direct deposits, direct debit arrangements.
How to Apply
(Visit any of our campuses: Dandenong, Sunshine and Adelaide, call or simply email us and one of our friendly staff will guide you through the course choices available. )
Government Funding Application
(Click on the government funding button below to see whether you are eligible!)
Terms and Condition
Students who apply for courses are required to understand the Terms and Conditions of the Job Training Institute.