Work Placement Request Form
Please read the following before proceeding with your work placement request
In order to assist you with work placement, we require the following:
- A valid National Police Check
- A valid working with children check (not required for Aged Care and Home and Community Care courses)
- Satisfactorily completion of required units (check with your trainer for the units you must complete before applying for work placement)
- Current Apply First Aid certificate
- Current Manual Handling certificate (only required for Aged Care, Home and Community Care, and Disability courses)
After you have applied you will be required to submit your documents to us.
Please do not apply for your work placement if you have not met the above requirements.
How to apply for a police check
OPTION 1 Job Training Institute conducts online National Police Check (through Fit2work) for students
Why choose us:
- Cost: $32 including GST (per Volunteer/student check)
- Cost: $50 including GST (per employment check)
- Save time: National Police Check at internet speed, no need to post your consent/application & certified ID documents
- Prompt result: Secure online delivery, anywhere in the world. We will email your Police Check Certificate as soon as the result is received by us.
Please follow these steps.
- Enrol and become a Job Training Institute student
- Make payment for National Police Check, note, this fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- Bring 100 points ID/Documents (originals or certified true copies) on your orientation day, complete the National Police History Check consent form and our Authorised officer will sight your 100 points of ID
- JTI will conduct the National Police Check for students and email the Police check certificates to students once results are received.
- Fees change annually, for more information on current fees, please refer to our website and Student handbook.
OPTION 2 Apply online yourself
- Visit the Australian Federal Police website – www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx
- You can download the application form from the website, or use the online application portal.
- Only a “name check” application is necessary.
- Fees changes annually, for more information on the current fees, please refer to the AFP website.
How to apply for a working with children check
- Only Victorian students are required to apply for a “Working with children check”.
- Go to your nearest post office and get a “Working with children check” application form.
- If you are unsure of how to complete the form, visit the following website for assistance – workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/home/applications/how+to+apply/
- The current application fee (as of 2013) is $100.20 (For Victorian students)
So I have all my documents and have completed all the necessary units, what is next?
- Apply online for your work placement, please complete the survey you will be presented with.
- JTI will do their best to place you in a suitable facility within your area of interest, however this cannot be guaranteed.
- JTI highly recommends that you try to secure your work placement. If you do find your own placement, please select the appropriate option when completing the work placement application form.
- If you opt to recieve assistance from JTI to secure your work placement, it may take up to 21 working days.
- It is expected that as a JTI student, you must comply with the policies and procedures of the host facility. Any unacceptable behaviour that results in your dismissal from the facility will not be tolerated by JTI and you will be required to secure your own further work placement.
You will need to complete the survey before you can apply for your work placement.