Work Placement Request Form
Please read the following before proceeding with your work placement request
In order to assist you with work placement, we require the following:
- A valid National Police Check
- A valid working with children check (not required for Aged Care and Home and Community Care courses)
- Satisfactorily completed required units (check with your trainer for how many units you have to complete before applying for work placement)
- Current Apply First Aid certificate
- Current Manual Handling certificate (only required for Aged Care, Home and Community Care, and Disability courses)
After you applied you will be required to submit your documents to us.
Please do not apply for your work placement if you have not met the above requirements.
How to apply for a police check
Job Training Institute conducts online National Police Check (through Fit2work) for students.
- Cost: Price $32 Including GST (per Volunteer/student check)
- Saving time: National Police Checks at internet speed; Do not need to Post your Consent/Application & Certified ID Documents
- Quick result: Secure online delivery, anywhere in the world; we will email your Police Check Certificate Immediately when we receive the result.
What you need is to following below steps:
- Enrols and becomes Job Training Institute student;
- Make payment for National Police Check if you make decision using our service, National police check fee is NON-REFUNDABLE;
- Bring your 100 points ID/Documents(originals or certified true copies) on your orientation day, complete the National Police History Check consent form; our Authorised officer sight 100 points of ID;
- Conduct National Police Check for students and email Police check certificates to students after we receive results.
- Fees changes annually, for more information on the current fees, please refer to our website and Student handbook.
- Visit Australian Federal Police website (http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx)
- You can download the application form from the website, or use its online application portal.
- Only a “name check” application is necessary.
- Fees changes annually, for more information on the current fees, please refer to AFP website.
How to apply for a working with children check
- Only Victorian students are required to apply for a “Working with children check”.
- Go to your nearest post office and get a “Working with children check” application form.
- If you are unsure of how to complete the form, visit the following website for assistance – http://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/home/applications/how+to+apply/
- The current application fee (as of 2013) is $100.20 (For Victorian student)
So I have all my documents and have completed all the necessary units, what is next?
- Apply online for your work placement, after completing the survey.
- Kindly note we will do our best to place you in a suitable facility within your area of interest, however this cannot be guaranteed.
- We highly recommend that you try to secure your work placement. If you manage to secure your own placement, please select the appropriate option when completing the work placement application form.
- Securing your work placement can take up to 21 working days, if you opt to receive our assistance.
- Please note: It is expected that as a JTI student, you must comply with the policies and procedures of the host facility. Any unacceptable behaviour that results in your dismissal from the facility will not be tolerated by JTI and you will be left to secure your own work placement.
You will need to complete the survey before you can apply for your work placement.