This document contains our ‘Education Agent Code of Conduct’ which we have developed to outline a set of basic guidelines governing the responsibilities and accountabilities of each party to the relationship. This document should be read in conjunction with the Education Agent’s Agreement. These documents outline our mutual responsibilities in contributing to the rights of all stakeholders.
The following questions have been developed to enable us to complete the assessment of your application, please answer the following questions and provide documented evidence where requested:
1. What services does your business provide?
2. Are you a member of an agents association in your country or Australia? Provide details
3. Provide a list of your staff including their positions and interactions with potential students
4. What Australian Education Providers do you currently represent? (list maximum 5)
5. What countries do you recruit students from?
6. How many students did you send to Australia last year?
7. Has your company ever had its agreement terminated with any Registered Training Organisation? If YES, provide details below
Please provide two (2) referees that we may contact to verify your business services. These must be education providers you currently deal with in Australia.
Education Agent Code of Conduct
We have developed the Education Agent Code of Conduct to outline a set of base guidelines governing the responsibilities and accountabilities of each party to the relationship.
Job training Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and is required to comply with obligations under the National Code of Practice 2007.
We offer quality education programs and expect that our Education Agents follow the same rigor in their adherence to the National Code, our Policies and Procedures and our Education Agent Agreement, maintaining our professional integrity as a provider of education to international students.
This document should be read in conjunction with the Education Agents Agreement. These documents outline our responsibilities in contributing to the rights of all stakeholders.
- The Education Agent and his/her staff have a strong knowledge of the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code 2007 and will keep abreast of changes to the Act and Code. Each education agent that JTI uses must to complete online training at http://pier.onlinetrainingnow.com/eatc/ annually and provide JTI with evidence of this.
- The Education Agent will forward any and all relevant documents received from Job Training Institute Pty Ltd (JTI) to prospective student within two (2) business days of receiving said documents.
- The Education Agent will employ appropriately qualified staff where these staff are involved in student recruitment, enrolment and selection processes.
- The Education Agent will follow the process for recruitment and enrolment of overseas students as set out in JTI’s Policies and Procedures.
- The Education Agent and his/her staff and agents will act ethically, honestly and with full integrity in all dealings with JTI, potential and current students and relevant authorities.
- The Education Agent will only recruit students for courses in which they are eligible to enroll.
- The Education Agent will detail to prospective students that if they have dependents who will accompany them to Australia, it is a requirement that school age dependents be enrolled in either a government or non-government school and that fees will apply to such enrolments.
- The Education Agent will treat all applicants fairly and equally in accordance with equal opportunity legislation 2010
- JTI provides a curriculum which is conducive to learning outcomes related to industry and career focused needs.
- JTI offers state of the art learning facilities. Trainers have industry experience, qualifications in the program being taught and educational qualifications at a minimum of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- JTI agrees to market its materials with absolute integrity and professionalism
- JTI agrees to supply enrolled students with course materials as per student acceptance agreement, student handbook and induction presentation
- JTI will provide all program and marketing materials for use by the Education Agent
- JTI will maintain periodic meetings with the Education Agent to ensure: currency of information, compliance, support and resolution of any issues.
I agree to be bound by this Education Agent Code of Conduct and the National Code 2007 or its successor. Failure to follow the Education Agent Code of Conduct may lead to the Education Agent’s Agreement being terminated.