BSB50215 Diploma of Business
> Individual Support, Disability & Leisure and Health
> Early Childhood & Education Support
> Short Courses
This qualification would apply to individuals with various job titles, including executive officers, program consultants and program coordinators. Individuals in these roles may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions. Conversely, it may also apply to those with little or no vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational and employment opportunities.
BSB50215 Diploma of Business is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding, for students who meet the eligibility criteria.
For more information, please click here to download a copy of the student handbook in pdf format.
For more information about JTI Online Standards, please click here.
Also read the student code of conduct, rights and responsibilities here
The Diploma of Business will be delivered over 6 months to 1 Year. But the Duration for each learner will depend on each individual’s skills and knowledge. For example, students with higher education qualifications and students who are already employed in the industry will find themselves completing the course within a shorter time frame as compared to learners with lower education and no experience in the industry. JTI considers each learner on an individual basis and learners who may want to complete the course at a shorter time frame than the one recommended by AQF will be given the following options:
• Undertake an assessment with a JTI staff member to demonstrate their capacity to undertake the course within a shorter time frame.
• Produce evidence of higher learning or previous experience.
• Undertake an RPL if applicable.
• Commit to attending online support classes as well as face to face classes and a commitment to self-study. JTI offers flexible training which suits individuals and industry requirements. The flexible nature of our delivery of this course [online, blended, face-to-face] caters to students in need of flexible study/work hours, working parents, students studying other courses, those juggling between employment and studies and all who are time constrained and wish to either further their education or change career paths.
There are no prerequisites or mandatory entry requirements hence allowing flexible entry points that reflect an entrant’s knowledge, skills and experience.
The competencies in this qualification may be attained in several ways including: Formal or informal education and training Experiences in the workplace, General life experience and a combination of the above.
The entry requirements for this course are as follows:
• An online application or written enrolment form.
• Successful completion of language, literacy and numeracy assessment - appropriate literacy and numeracy skills for both the demands of training and the work place are required.
• Pre-training Review
• Unique Student Identifier (USI) (Ask our staff how to get this)
• Identification documents, one of which has a photograph of the student such as a passport and/or driver license.
• A satisfactory national police clearance certificate and
• Working with Children Check
Students that are government funded require further identification documents that meet the criteria of the respective state government funding bodies such as:
• Proof of Australian Permanent Resident/ Citizenship
• Proof of Concession Eligibility
• Proof of Victorian Residency
• Skills First Program Declaration Form (to be given by a JTI staff member)
It is preferred that a student under 25 has completed year 10.
If a student is over 25, they should have relevant work/life experience
Pre-Training Review & Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment;
Prior to course commencement, students will be required to undertake a pre-training Review which will include a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment. This assessment is used to determine the student’s needs, capability, interests as well as level of language, literacy and numeracy as required to complete the course and whether the student requires additional support. All students must undertake this pre-training assessment before enrolling into this course. Students who are assessed as not having the required level of language, literacy and numeracy skills will be referred to external support networks to work with them on skill development in the required area/s. Students can re-apply for enrolment once they have developed skills in that area.
Students will also be advised by JTI staff members of the best course to undertake because of this pre-training review.This course is current as per training.gov.au
Such credito rapido online loans are beneficial to those that want to get a money so that they can fulfill their requirements.
To assess your eligibility for government funding, speak to a Job Training Institute staff member or use the government funding button below. Funding available currently is in Victoria.
Click here to check eligibility
Students with disabilities are encouraged to access funded training places. For further information, contact our staff. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (03) 9212 3535 | 0434378860
Minimum tuition fees for Indigenous students
Under the Indigenous Completions Initiative, all enrolments undertaken by Indigenous students will be charged at the concession rate. This include Diploma programs. Students from Aboriginal & Torres Islander backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Skills First Program is a subsidised training scheme through the Victorian Government. It is available to eligible residents in Victoria.
If you are eligible for Skills First Program funding and if you complete this course , the value of the government contribution will be approximately $1,840 .
Fees are subject to change.
JTI is compliant with the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 and Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to access government funded training.
Registration fee for domestic full fee-paying student is non-refundable.
The student tuition fees are indicative only and subject to change dependent on individual circumstances at enrolment.
Additional fees such as student services and amenity fees may apply.
* Pay $1,500 of the tuition fee upfront and get 10% of total fees.
* For full-paying fees students,enrolment fees is not refundable (refer to refund policy).
Concessions on tuition fees for government subsidised training places in all course categories are available to people in the following groups:
• Commonwealth Health Care Card holders, and their dependent children and dependant spouses
• Pensioner Concession Card holders, and their dependent children and dependant spouses
• Veteran’s Gold Card holders (but not their dependants)
Your completion of this course with our institute may affect your future funding eligibility. So be sure this is the course you are interested in, which will enable you get a job and lead to your future career pathway.
Students in Victoria who qualify for government funding are only allowed to undertake 2 courses at the same level in their lifetime with the exclusion of:
• the Victorian Certificate of Education;
• Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate or Senior);
• International Baccalaureate Diploma;
• senior secondary school certificates from other Australian jurisdictions;
• qualifications listed in the Foundation Skills List (Attachment 1 to these Guidelines);
• any VET certificates undertaken as part of a senior secondary qualification (including School Based Apprenticeships/Traineeships);
• where an individual is transitioning from a superseded qualification to the current version of the same qualification; and
• Where an individual is recommencing training in the same qualification (at either the same or a different provider).
VET Student loans
VET Student Loans commenced on 1 January 2017, replacing the VET FEE-HELP scheme. VET Student Loans offers income contingent loan support to eligible students studying certain diploma level and above vocational education and training qualifications. Eligible students are entitled for loans up to a capped amount. JTI is an Approved Training Provider of providing VET Student Loans for the Qualification BSB50215 Diploma of Business for the eligible students. Maximum Cap limit of VET Student Loan portion for eligible students is AUD $5,000 for this course.
Click here for more about the VET Student Loan For further information, please contact our friendly staff. Email: email@example.com
Methods of payment
At Job Training Institute we accept a wide range of payment methods:
• Cheque or money order
• EFTPOS (whether over the phone or in person)
• Online credit card and debit card payments (Fees and charges may apply)
• Direct deposits
* All payment is done in arrears, except the registration fee.
* Registration Fee is non-refundable.
Successful completion of this course requires the fulfilment of 8 units of study: 8 elective units
1. BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
2. BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments
3. BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
4. BSBPMG522 Undertake Project work
5. BSBADM502 Manage meetings
6. BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
7. BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
8. BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
Classes for this course are held at a variety of times and locations to be convenient and flexible for today’s busy schedules. All our students have both face-to-face and online learning available to them. Students are to submit assessments online, which is available 24/7 and this minimises the time lapse between submissions, marking and feedback.All students are expected to be conversant with computers, and hence assignments and reading resources will all be uploaded online. Students are able to use computers at JTI if they have no computer access at home, but is advisable every student possess a computer. We encourage our students to take full advantage of our e-learning for studying and submitting assignments. Classes are held regularly at various campuses in Melbourne. Online students must attend weekly online sessions with a JTI trainer and must be able to identify themselves to the trainer during these online sessions.
Modes of delivery
This course is delivered in various modes which include:
• Face to face
• Online and
• Self-directed learning
Third Party Arrangements
Job Training Institute does not deliver this course through third party arrangements. We use brokers or agents for recruitment of students, but not for training. Job Training Institute is responsible for the quality of the training and assessment in compliance with VET standards, and for the issuance of the AQF certification documentation
This course will be delivered at one of our campuses or a hired venue. Some students may take the option of attending weekly online classes.
Example of assessments you will need to do to be competent are:
• Written Questions/Reports
• Verbal Questioning
• Classroom Activities & Participation/Role Plays
Assessments can be submitted via face to face classes or the online learning environment, but online is our preferred assessment submission mode. This enables the student to get feedback quicker from the trainers any time.
Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process that recognises a student’s current skills and experience, regardless of where and when the learning occurred. Students may have existing knowledge and skills, and these could be formally recognised and credited towards a qualification from JTI. For further information on RPL, click here.
Credit Transfer (CT) JTI recognises all qualifications issued under the AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework). Original copies of certificate and transcript will need to be sighted by a trainer. There is no fee for credit transfer. If a credit transfer for ‘Provide First Aid’ unit is applied for, it must be current, including the CPR component which requires a refresher every year. Talk to our staff about credit transfer during the enrolment process.
Available Job Opportunities
• Executive Officer
• Program Coordinator
• Program Consultant
After achieving the Diploma of Business, candidates may undertake a range of advanced diploma courses in the business field or business degree courses.
Student Support Services
JTI is committed to ensuring that all students receive adequate learning support to ensure their full potential is reached, therefore, JTI ensures that:
• The learning and support need of all students is assessed upon entry into a course.
• All students are made aware of how to access the services they require to successfully complete their course.
• Feedback is collected about JTI's provision of support services and the feedback is systematically collated, analysed and used to improve training services.
Support services available to all JTI students include:
• The trainer/educator is normally the first point of support. If the student is struggling with any training issues, or anything to do with their results and feedback, they should talk to their trainer for assistance.
• If the student has an IT issue, they are to email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
• For certificates and statement of attainment, students are to contact the quality assurance department on email@example.com
• If students would like to access their records, they should contact the campus manager. Contact details at the Dandenong campus are: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Any accounting issues, the students are to contact: email@example.com
• For work placement issues, students are to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• For any training concerns, students to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For any other student support concerns, students to contact: email@example.com
For more information on support services
What distinguishes JTI from other Training Organisations?
1. Quality Training and Delivery.
JTI has consistently upheld high-quality training and delivery and achieved the highest rating “Demonstrated Consistently Compliant” a provider can receive from our regulator, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
As of 2017, JTI was rated by the Department of Education in Victoria as being above the state average in all benchmarks set by the Victorian Government. The measured benchmarks included ratings for student experience and student outcomes. In 2017, 83.8% of students at JTI stated they were satisfied with us as a training provided which was 6.8% higher than the Victorian State average for all RTOs that was 76.5%.
2. Multicultural Diversity
At JTI we celebrate our multicultural diversity and take time to celebrate and embrace all cultures through several social and community events throughout the year such as Multicultural Day and Australia Day. We understand that settling into a foreign country can sometimes be difficult so our ability to relate to students and staff from all walks of life, and from a range of backgrounds helps to ease students into life at JTI. We believe that together, we achieve!!
Through blended-learning, we offer flexibility to students which includes: face-to-face, online and self-study modes. For many of our mature students, this flexibility enables our students to manage the balance between work, study and family commitments.
4. Industry Partnerships
Because our training is industry relevant and specific, we maintain strong Industry partnerships, which assist, in our students securing work placements and clinical placements, as well as jobs on completion of their course. We hold employer days where students interact with potential employers as well as an annual Industry luncheon which keep us up to date with industry trends and standards.
5. Community Centric
JTI is part of the community and we are engaged in various community engagements in our neighbourhoods. Two of our campuses are in low social economic demographics and it is our responsibility to ensure students enrolled with us get good student Support enabling them to complete their courses and engage in the workforce. Our trainers as well as student support officers hold a lot of support sessions to encourage students to get going when things get tough.
JTI does not guarantee the following:
1. That a learner will successfully complete a training product on our scope of registration. Learners need to put effort in their study and completion of assignments and JTI will provide the trainers and required resources to enable the learner successfully to complete their study.
2. A training product can be completed in a manner which does not meet the requirements of clause 1.1 and 1.2 of VET standards 2015 e.g. in a shorter period of time that the AQF specifications.
3. A learner will obtain an employment outcome where this is outside the control of JTI. JTI is a training organisation and has no control of employment outcomes.