CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding, for students who meet the eligibility criteria. Please Note:
For more information, please click here to download a copy of the student handbook in pdf format.
For more information about JTI Online Standards, please click here.Also read the student code of conduct, rights and responsibilities here
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care course takes approximately 1-2 years including 120 hours of work placement.But the Duration for each learner will depend on everyone’s skills and knowledge. For example, students with higher education qualifications and students who are already employed in the industry will find themselves completing the course within a shorter time frame as compared to learners with lower education and no experience in the industry. JTI considers each learner on an individual basis and learners who may want to complete the course at a shorter time frame than the one recommended by AQF will be given the following options:
- Undertake an assessment with a JTI staff member to demonstrate their capacity to undertake the course within a shorter time frame
- Produce evidence of higher learning or previous experience
- Undertake an RPL if applicable.
- Commit to attending online support classes as well as face to face classes and a commitment to self-study.
JTI offers flexible training which suits individuals and meets industry requirements. The flexible nature of our delivery of these courses [online, blended, face-to-face and self- study] caters to students in need of flexible study and work hours, for example working parents, students studying other courses, those juggling between employment and studies and all who are time constrained and wish to either further their education or change career paths.
To assess your eligibility for government funding, speak to a Job Training Institute staff member or use the government funding button below. Funding available currently is in Victoria. Government Funding Check
Click here to check eligibility
Students with disabilities are encouraged to access funded training places. For further information, contact our staff. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (03) 9055 5007 | 1300 144 584
Minimum tuition fees for Indigenous students
Under the Indigenous Completions Initiative, all enrolments undertaken by Indigenous students will be charged at the concession rate. This include Diploma programs. Students from Aboriginal & Torres Islander backgrounds are encouraged to apply.Note
Skills First Program is a subsidised training scheme through the Victorian Government. It is available to eligible residents in Victoria.
If you are eligible for Skills First Program funding and if you complete these $10,450.00
Fees are subject to change. JTI is compliant with the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 and Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to access government funded training. Registration fee for domestic full fee-paying student is non-refundable
The student tuition fees are indicative only and subject to change dependent on individual circumstances at enrolment.
Additional fees such as student services and amenity fees may apply.
* For full-paying fees students,enrolment fees is not refundable (refer to refund policy).
Concessions on tuition fees for government subsidised training places in all course categories are available to people in the following groups:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card holders, and their dependent children and dependant spouses
- Pensioner Concession Card holders, and their dependent children and dependant spouses
- Veteran’s Gold Card holders (but not their dependants)
Your completion of these courses with our institute may affect your future funding eligibility. So be sure these are the courses you are interested in, which will enable you get a job and lead to your future career pathway. Students in Victoria who qualify for government funding are only allowed to undertake 2 courses at the same level in their lifetime with the exclusion of:
- the Victorian Certificate of Education;
- Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate or Senior);
- International Baccalaureate Diploma;
- senior secondary school certificates from other Australian jurisdictions;
- qualifications listed in the Foundation Skills List (Attachment 1 to these Guidelines);
- any VET certificates undertaken as part of a senior secondary qualification (including School Based Apprenticeships/Traineeships);
- where an individual is transitioning from a superseded qualification to the current version of the same qualification; and
- Where an individual is recommencing training in the same qualification (at either the same or a different provider).
|NAME OF COURSE & CODE||SELF FUNDED||GOVERNMENT FUNDED (Victoria)|
|Registration Fee||Tuition Fee||Total||Without Concession||With Concession|
|CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care Blended Online and Face to Face||$500||$2,000 $400x5 (Monthly)||$2,500||$80 per calendar year ($0.093 per scheduled hours)||$16 per calendar year ($0.019 per scheduled hours)|
|RPL and Indicative Tuition Fee Hourly Rate For CHC30113||$500||Please click here for detailed information||$2,500||$80 per calendar year ($0.093 per scheduled hours)||$16 per calendar year ($0.019 per scheduled hours)|
|Dual Qualification: CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care + CHC30213 Cert III in Education Support Blended Online and Face to Face||$500||$3,500 $700x5 (Monthly)||$4,000||N/A||N/A|
|Student Printer $10 required for card deposit. Note: remaining card balance is non-refundable.||Paper Size||Black & White||Colour|
|JTI Work Placement T-Shirt||Required for Work Placement||$25 each (GST inclusive)|
|Police Check||Required for Work Placement||$50 (GST inclusive)/Employment check $32(Volunteer GST Inclusive) (through fit2work with JTI)|
|Recommended Books||The Big Picture (Karen Kearns) & Birth To Big School(Karen Kearns) Copies of this textbook are available at JTI Library for borrowing.||This can be purchased from vendors directly around $89 (price is subject to change by vendors)|
|Re-issue certificate(including Academic Transcript)||Optional||$50|
|Re-issue Academic Transcript||Optional||$25|
At Job Training Institute we accept a wide range of payment methods:
- Cheque or money order
- EFTPOS (whether over the phone or in person)
- Online credit card and debit card payments (Fees and charges may apply)
- Direct deposits.
Completion of Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care requires the satisfactory completion of 18 Units of Study: made up of 15 core and 3 elective units.
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 Participate in work health and safety
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCECE012 Support children to connect with their world
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
Dual Course Option:
Students enrolling into this Child Care course also have an option of enrolling into Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213) Benefits of enrolling into a dual qualification:• This program allows students to work with wide range of age group of children which increases the employment opportunities, more training opportunities, means more job opportunities and Career pathways.
• You will have the flexibility of choosing to take either the Education Support pathway or the Early Childhood Education and Care pathway. • If eligible, government funding is available for doing up to 2 courses in a calendar year
There are no prerequisites or mandatory entry requirements, allowing flexible entry points that reflect an entrant’s knowledge, skills and experience.
Entry requirements for this course are:
- An online application or written enrolment form
- Pre-Training Review which includes a successful completion of language, literacy and numeracy assessment
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)-done during the enrolment process Identification Documents
- A Photo ID
- A completed self-declaration form (Government Funded students only). This form will be provided by our staff upon enrolment.
- Ability to obtain a Police Check (Note, if your police check has a previous conviction, you need to discuss this with a JTI trainer/Work placement Coordinator before enrolling in this course)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment:
Prior to course commencement, students will be required to undertake a pre-training review which includes a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment. This assessment is used to determine the student’s level of language, literacy and numeracy as well as student’s suitability for the specific qualification as required to complete the course and whether the student requires additional support.The purpose of pre-training review is to check the needs of all potential students and make recommendations as to the most appropriate course that will meet their requirements and capabilities. Students who are assessed as not having the required level of language, literacy and numeracy skills will be referred to external support networks or to JTI English classes for further skills development in the required area/s. Students can re-apply for enrolment once they have developed skills in that area.
- It would be preferred if you are under 25 that you have completed year 10.
- If you are over 25, you should have relevant work/life experience.
- If you are aged 18 years and below, we need further approvals from your guardian before enrolling you in the course.
Classes for this course are held at a variety of times and locations to be convenient and flexible for today’s busy schedules. All our students have both face-to-face and online learning available to them. Students are to submit assessments online, which is available 24/7 and this minimises the time lapse between submissions, marking and feedback. We encourage our students to take full advantage of our e-learning for studying and submitting assignments. Classes are held regularly at various campuses in Melbourne. Students undertaking online option must attend mandatory simulation sessions, First aid and work placements face to face.Online students must also attend weekly online sessions with a JTI trainer and must be able to identify themselves to the trainer during these online sessions.
Modes of deliveryThis course is delivered in various modes which include:
- Face to face
- Self-directed learning and
- work placement.
Work placement is undertaken at various industry facilities that are not related to Job Training Institute, hence, we are unable to guarantee work placement at a specific facility. Students will be advised of the venue of their work placement that they must attend as their course progresses.
Third Party Arrangements
Job Training Institute does not deliver this course through third party arrangements. We use brokers or agents for recruitment of students, but not for training. Job Training Institute is responsible for the quality of the training and assessment in compliance with VET standards, and for the issuance of the AQF certification documentation
This course will be delivered at one of our campuses or a hired venue. Some students may take the option of attending weekly online classes.
Some assignments that you will undertake may include:
- Short Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- True or False Case Studies
- Research Activities
- Observation at the work place by an Assessor
- Third Party Observation by work place supervisor
- Personal Journal
Assessments can be submitted via face to face classes or in the online learning environment. All students are encouraged to submit assignments online.
Work placement is not optional; this child care course includes a minimum of 120 hours for practical placement.We understand the Children Services industry and will assist you in finding Work Placement. JTI Work placement Coordinator, JTI Trainers and the student will work collaboratively in securing a work placement.
Once you are marked satisfactory in the required units, you apply for work placement by completing an online or manual work placement form at any of our campuses or on JTI website. You indicate your availability and the preferred location. We endeavour to place you in a Child Care facility of your choice, however we cannot guarantee this as availability of the facility is a factor.
Once you submit your form, all parties will work towards securing a place for you. Remember, Children’s Services facilities prefer students who are both flexible and reliable.
On average, it takes approximately 3 weeks to secure work placement in a Child Care facility.To attain your certificate, you must complete both theory assessments and Work Placement.
Requirements for Work Placement
Students must have the following before they can apply for work placement, if they are not already working in the industry:
- Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID004)
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Current Police Check (less than 12 months old-apply for a police check at any JTI campus)
- Completed Satisfactorily 4 units (Trainer to assess the student’s readiness for placement) &Zero balance on course fees
Recognition of Prior Learning is the process that recognises a student’s current skills and experience, regardless of where and when the learning occurred. Students may have existing knowledge and skills, and these could be formally recognised and credited towards a qualification from JTI. For further information on RPL, click here.
Credit Transfer (CT)
JTI recognises all qualifications issued under the AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework). Original copies of certificate and transcript will need to be sighted by a trainer. There is no fee for credit transfer. If a credit transfer for ‘Provide First Aid’ unit is applied for, it must be current, including the CPR component which requires a refresher every year. Talk to our staff about credit transfer during the enrolment process.
JTI is committed to ensuring that all students receive adequate learning support to ensure their full potential is reached, therefore, JTI ensures that:
- The learning and support need of all students is assessed upon entry into a course.
- All students are made aware of how to access the services they require to successfully complete their course.
- Feedback is collected about JTI's provision of support services and the feedback is systematically collated, analysed and used to improve training services. Support services available to all JTI students include:
- The trainer/educator is normally the first point of support. If the student is struggling with any training issues, or anything to do with their results and feedback, they should talk to their trainer for assistance.
- If the student has an IT issue, they are to email email@example.com for assistance.
- For certificates and statement of attainment, students are to contact the quality assurance department on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If students would like to access their records, they should contact the campus manager. Contact details at the Dandenong campus are: email@example.com
- Any accounting issues, the students are to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For work placement issues, students are to contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any training concerns, students to contact: email@example.com (Nursing) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Business and Community Courses)
- For any other student support concerns, students to contact: email@example.com
- Child Care Worker
- Family Day Care Worker
- Out of School Hours Care Worker
This qualification has pathways for further study in:
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or Bachelor of Education(Early Childhood)
1. Quality Training and Delivery.
JTI has consistently upheld high-quality training and delivery and achieved the highest rating “Demonstrated Consistently Compliant” a provider can receive from our regulator, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
As of 2018, JTI was rated by the Department of Education in Victoria as being above the state average in all benchmarks set by the Victorian Government. The measured benchmarks included ratings for student experience and student outcomes. In 2018, 87% of students at JTI stated they were satisfied with us as a training provider which was 10% higher than the Victorian State average for all RTOs that was 77%.
2. Multicultural Diversity
At JTI we celebrate our multicultural diversity and take time to celebrate and embrace all cultures through several social and community events throughout the year such as Multicultural Day and Australia Day. We understand that settling into a foreign country can sometimes be difficult so our ability to relate to students and staff from all walks of life, and from a range of backgrounds helps to ease students into life at JTI. We believe that together, we achieve!!
Through blended-learning, we offer flexibility to students which includes: face-to-face, online and self-study modes. For many of our mature students, this flexibility enables our students to manage the balance between work, study and family commitments.
4. Industry Partnerships
Because our training is industry relevant and specific, we maintain strong Industry partnerships, which assist, in our students securing work placements and clinical placements, as well as jobs on completion of their course. We hold employer days where students interact with potential employers as well as an annual Industry luncheon which keep us up to date with industry trends and standards.
5. Community Centric
JTI is part of the community and we are engaged in various community engagements in our neighbourhoods. Two of our campuses are in low social economic demographics and it is our responsibility to ensure students enrolled with us get good student Support enabling them to complete their courses and engage in the workforce. Our trainers as well as student support officers hold a lot of support sessions to encourage students to get going when things get tough.
JTI does not guarantee the following:
1. That a learner will successfully complete a training product on our scope of registration. Learners need to put effort in their study and completion of assignments and JTI will provide the trainers and required resources to enable the learner successfully complete their study.
2. A training product can be completed in a manner which does not meet the requirements of clause 1.1 and 1.2 of VET standards 2015 e.g in a shorter period of time that the AQF specifications.
3. A learner will obtain a particular employment outcome where this is outside the control of JTI. JTI is a training organisation and has no control of employment outcomes.
APPLY NOW ENQUIRE