From 1 January 2016, Certificate III in Individual Support replaced Certificate III in Aged Care and Certificate III in Home and Community Care, and Certificate III in Disability. As an Individual Support Worker, you will be able to make a difference in people’s everyday lives, supporting them to maintain their independence and standard of living.
Individual Support Course – MelbourneCHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support allows an individual to receive a qualification with a focus, for example in Ageing or Disability or Home and Community depending on their area of interest.
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) OR
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) OR
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability).
If a student choose more than one set of specialisation, they will receive a certificate acknowledging those specialisations example:
All electives chosen must support the overall integrity of the AQF level of this qualification and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.All students Domestic students at JTI will have a choice of undertaking this qualification in the following formats:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability & Ageing) - 14 units Plus First Aid
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing & Home and Community) - 13 units Plus First Aid
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community & Disability) - 17 units
All students International students at JTI will have a choice of undertaking this qualification in the following format;
Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability & Ageing) - 14 units Plus First Aid
Studying more specialisations of this qualification will open a wider job market for our graduates, for they can work in Aged care sector, in Disability sector and/or in Home and community care sector. But Work placements must be undertaken in all the sectors that the specialisations relate to.
- Carry out activities to maintain personal care and/or other activities of living for people in an aged care /Home and Community and /or Disability setting
- Carry out activities related to an individualised plan
- Report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.
At JTI, students receive training from qualified and experienced trainers, who have worked in the industry for many years and can provide practical, real-world knowledge. We are committed to producing graduates who are impeccably trained, ensuring they have the skills and competencies to start their careers as soon as they graduate.
Find out more regarding our aged care courses by getting in touch via our Contact Us page, or by calling us on 1300 144 584.